Sunday, May 19, 2013

It is SUMMER... or... Prioritizing my Life

Summer is here. Hallelujah. Praise the Tetragrammaton!! But now that I have extra time, I am determined to use it for the best purposes. So here are my 3 priorities this summer:

1st: BEING OUTSIDE. I love being outside, but I rarely find myself there. I may be in a city, but this city has a ton of amazing parks, not to mention the amount of outdoor seating at all the cafes and restaurants. So, any chance I have to be outside, I'm taking it. Not to mention I need to get back into running, which is accomplished much better outside than inside.

2nd: READING. Not just fiction. Though I will also be reading fiction, I want to read theological books. From different perspectives, challenging me to think differently, and helping me sort out exactly where I stand on many different issues. In keeping with this, if you have any books you think will give me an interesting or new perspective (particularly any book that really impacted your worldview) please let me borrow it. Knowledge lies in books, even if wisdom doesn't accompany all, and I am thirsty for knowledge.

3rd: GOD. Don't think my priorities are out of order, because I did in fact leave the best for last. This summer is going to hold some big things. Big decisions, Big news, Big changes. And as I face those I want to be sure I am clinging to Jesus. Jesus is the most important person in my life, and I so often put him last in my schedule. That needs to change, and I will start this summer. From now on He comes first. Reading the Bible, prayer, service, and mainly just listening. I don't just spend time listening nearly enough. God has things to tell me, I know as much, it's time to open my ears.

And while I'm not making this a priority, I also plan on having fun this summer. I think it will be a natural bi-product of reordering my priorities, as well as spending time with some great friends (Can anyone say SETTLERS OF CATAN??) and working on some of my creative endeavors (writing, photography, video, etc.). All in all I think this will be a great summer.

I hope it will be for you as well.

1 comment: